- Let's start with Affiliate Marketing Basics
- 3 Ways to Do Affiliate Marketing
- Is it Possible to Do Affiliate Marketing Without a Site?
- How to Do Affiliate Marketing Without a Website?
- How to Promote Affiliate Links Without Website
- Tips on How to Promote Affiliate Links Without Website
- Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Have you heard about affiliate marketing?
The concept is straightforward. Affiliate Marketing is all about promoting and selling products that you don't own.
Interesting, isn’t it?
There are two major reasons why affiliate programs have become very popular.
First, you can earn a hefty amount without any big investment by selling products other companies make. You don't require any inventory or store to start an affiliate marketing journey.
Second, the business firms can advertise their products with less capital. So, it is a win-win situation for affiliate marketers and the business firms that own the product.
Due to the above features, affiliate marketing has grown exponentially.
Now, the next question is how can I start my affiliate marketing journey?
Is it possible to do affiliate marketing without a website in 2021?
You can start an affiliate website to attract the audience, and later you can advertise or sell affiliate products. It is compulsory to have a website to join few affiliate programs.
This method requires investments in marketing as well as website traffic.
However, you can also begin your affiliate journey without a website.
Yes, you heard it right. Some affiliate networks do not require websites to register affiliate marketer's including Amazon.
Do you want to know how to make money with an Amazon affiliate without a website?
The best way to do affiliate marketing without a website is the social media networks.
You can promote an array of affiliate products on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to your followers. You can also start your affiliate journey through YouTube videos and online forums.
This article will help you know about the affiliate marketing basics and promote affiliate links without a website.
Let's start with Affiliate Marketing Basics
Before going into detail about the advanced concepts of affiliate marketing, you should know the basics to become an affiliate marketer. Don't worry. It is pretty straightforward.
Given below are the four major items you should know of before starting the affiliate marketing journey:
It refers to the products that you want to promote. You can choose some of the products from an affiliate program to earn money.
Selecting the right products is a significant part of the successful affiliate journey.
Follow the given below critical points before selecting the affiliate product:
- Make sure you know in detail about that product.
- The product should have a good reputation among the audiences.
- The product company should have excellent customer support to clear the clients' doubts.
- If a product is defective, the company should provide a replacement within a limited time.
- Product with refund policy will attract the customers. So, make sure that your affiliate product has one.
- Choose a product that you may also buy if required. It will make you think from a customer’s point of view.
After step 1, you may have a basic idea about selecting the right product. Now, you need audiences to sell or advertise that product.
To do so, you require an online network to get the right audience. You can promote these products on social media, websites, online communities, or YouTube. You can choose the network at your convenience.
Follow these key points to choose the right network and audience:
- Don't advertise the product randomly on different networks.
- First, decide about who your audience is.
- Second, you should follow the right approach to convince the audience to buy the product.
- Sharing affiliate product links with the right audience without the right approach will bring no result.
- You should make your audience aware of the affiliate product.
- Don't lie.
- All products have a few weaknesses present pros and cons both about your affiliate product.
- Don't offer that you can't deliver.
- Keep patience and clear your audience’s doubts. As a customer, everyone wants to clear doubts before buying an item.
- Write a detailed blog or make a video to clear all doubts about your affiliate product.
An advertiser is a business firm that owns the products or services listed on an affiliate network.
Before choosing a product of an advertiser, follow these guidelines:
- Do detailed research about the background of an advertiser.
- Choose an advertiser if the record is good.
- Read advertisers' terms and conditions in detail.
- Select an advertiser that is readily available in case of emergency.
4. Affiliate Link
Now, you have the proper knowledge about the offer, network, and the advertiser. The affiliate link is the last thing you require to promote the product.
The affiliate link is a unique URL related to a product that provides a unique identity about the seller.
A single product may be advertised by plenty of affiliate marketers. Affiliate link helps the advertisers to know who sold the product.
Every affiliate has a unique URL containing the product link and the affiliate's ID or username.
These are the basics you should know before starting your affiliate journey.
Now, the next major issue is about selling the product. The actual process.
The landing page plays a crucial role in selling a product. Some affiliate marketers choose a squeeze page that is a compressed version of the landing page.
Which one should you follow: Landing page, squeeze page, or both?
3 Ways to Do Affiliate Marketing
You can advertise your affiliate product with three essential methods:
1. With a Landing Page
Setting up a complete website for affiliate products requires more effort. Instead of that, you should develop a landing page for every offer you promote. It will bring the right traffic for the right product.
So, What is a Landing Page?
Practically, it looks like a single-page website. But, as I told you earlier, you don't need any particular expertise to develop a landing page. There are plenty of landing page builders available on the internet.
You can choose any of them to set up your affiliate product's landing page. Hubspot, Unbounce, Instapage, Mailchimp are a few of the popular page builders available.
These page builders have numerous templates to make landing pages. You can edit those templates as per your product's requirement. This reusability makes it more popular among affiliate marketers and a sales funnel.
You can use the same landing page for plenty of products after a bit of editing.
Try Systeme.io to create landing pages with ease. They have very affordable pricing and many exciting features for affiliates.
Note: It's an awesome alternative of ClickFunnels
Why do We Need a Landing Page?
Instead of searching the whole website for specific product details, the landing page will help the audience to get the right information with a single click.
Some people get confused about the landing page concept. They think that it is a part of the website. That is not true. You can have a landing page without a website. And it also doesn't require hosting and other efforts needed to run a website.
Remember these guidelines while developing a landing page:
- A landing page should provide enough details about a product. It should help the user to make the decision easily.
- Indeed, you can not include complete details of the product. However, don't miss the key features.
- Use the right kind of images and texts to make it professional and honest.
- Transparency in the landing page will win user's trust.
- A landing page is the first impression you are availing to your audience. Make it the best one. There is a common saying that the first impression is the last.
- The landing page is like a LinkedIn or Facebook profile that you forward to the employers to get the job. It is the first thing that will decide whether the employer will call you for further rounds or not.
- Same way, the landing page will decide whether your audience will further think about your product or not.
- Social proof converts an audience into a buyer. Generally, people don't have much time to go into detail about the product's features. If they find that other buyers have given good reviews of the product, they will eventually buy it. So, don't ever forget to publish users' reviews about your product.
2. With a Squeeze Page
What is a Squeeze Page?
A squeeze page is quite similar to the landing page. In general, we call it a shorter version of the landing page. It provides significant features of a product to your TG in the most instant ways possible.
Here is one great example of a squeeze page.
Why Do We Need a Squeeze Page?
- It works as the first ladder to the landing page.
- It provides precious details about the product or service.
- The squeeze page works as an engagement tool for an affiliate marketer, while the landing page helps in conversion.
Pre-lander is another name given to the squeeze page.
3. With a Blog
A blog is one of the most preferred methods to promote affiliate products. It is a website about a specific niche. You can start publishing content related to your selected niche.
Valuable content will slowly drive traffic to your blog. Convert the traffic into customers with the affiliate links.
For example, you can start a blog on the laptop niche. Publish rich content related to laptops like laptop features, maintenance, laptop hardware, and software details, etc.
Later, you can include the affiliate links related to a laptop purchase, hardware maintenance, and other laptop-related affiliate links. Once users buy from your links, you will get the commission.
Among all three methods, affiliate marketers follow a mixed approach to attract customers. Choice of affiliate marketing method also depends upon the type of product.
If an item is costly, the customer requires a detailed article to know everything about the product.
If a product is of low cost, a squeeze page is enough for conversion. So, choose the affiliate marketing method based on the product nature. Don't stick with one approach.
Generally, you will find affiliate marketers having an affiliate blog or website. What if you don't want to maintain a website for an affiliate journey. Or you don't have enough skills to handle an affiliate blog.
Is it Possible to Do Affiliate Marketing Without a Site?
Yes, it is possible.
You can easily find popular affiliate networks that welcome affiliate marketers without a website. Amazon affiliate network is one such program that doesn't require a website to start an affiliate journey.
How to Do Affiliate Marketing Without a Website?
We have already established an understanding that affiliate marketing is possible without a website. Now, let's go through the further details to start an affiliate journey without a website.
To do so, follow the given below step by step procedure:
1. Choose Your Niche
You can not sell products from all niches. Even if you try, you will fail. So, it’s better to choose a niche for starting your affiliate marketing journey.
How to select a niche?
It's a million-dollar question. It is pretty simple to select the right niche if you follow the proper steps.
Here are those steps how to select a niche:
- Evaluate your expertise and area of interest.
- What if you are an expert in a niche that does not have affiliate products? Choosing such a niche will not solve any purpose.
- Remove the niches that don't have a market.
- As a beginner, you should not start with a very competitive affiliate niche. So select a niche with moderate competition.
- Start working on your selected niche without wasting time.
- You can later rethink about broadening or narrowing down the niche further based on your experience. You can also select another niche with the same steps discussed above.
2. Create Enough Content to Convince Network/Advertiser
Some affiliate networks don't provide membership to everyone. They have specific criteria. Once you fulfill them, then you are good to go. Correct content and enough traffic are the two major requirements affiliate networks have. The same is valid for advertisers.
For affiliate marketers also, there will be no business without the audience and the valuable content. Content is the king. If you have good content, the audience will follow you wherever you are.
So, how to create the right content?
Here is the step by step procedure to develop the rich content:
Brainstorm the Ideas and Topics:
- What is the objective behind the specific topic?
- Set a time limit for the brainstorming sessions.
- Make changes in your earlier ideas with extra input.
- What if your idea fails? You should always have a B plan if the first one fails.
- Prioritize the topics like which content you will publish today, this week, this month, etc.
- While writing content or deciding the final topic, you should think like a customer. For example, if you are writing an article for laptop maintenance, you should know the major problems faced by the users during laptop use.
- You should also join the social media platforms or groups followed by your customers.
- Engage with them in different groups. Communicate with them to develop a connection.
Next, Do proper keyword research before writing the content. It will help you rank your article, and the right keywords will help attract the right customers.
Google keyword planner, keyword.io, ahrefs, and Semrush are important tools to do keyword research.
Give extra attention to headlines. It plays a major role in attracting the audience.
Hire a content expert if you can't do it.
3. Sign Up For Pay Per Click Affiliate Programs Without Website
You can also signup for some affiliate programs based on PPC (Pay Per Click) model. Click bank is one such popular affiliate network that welcomes affiliate marketers to start their journey without a website.
This is how to make money with Clickbank without a website:
Step 1: Follow the URL https://accounts.clickbank.com/master/makebank.html to fill in the required details.
Step 2: After filling in the required details, click on ‘Continue to Terms and Conditions‘.
Step 3: Click on Agree button to accept terms and conditions.
Step 4: Now, click on the “Join ClickBank” button to create your account.
Step 5: You will receive an email on your email id. Click on the hyperlink in the mail to verify your email id.
Step 6: Filled your bank details and other information to complete your profile.
Step 7: Now, you can start promoting the Click bank product.
List of other affiliate sites to register without website requirement:
- Designhill Affiliate Program.
- eBay Network.
- Glorifyapp etc.
4. Promote Your Content
You can now promote affiliate products related contents through different methods given below:
- Broadcast the content to your audience through email.
- Build a relationship with your community. Interaction builds a trust level among audiences.
- Invest in advertisement to reach the right audience.
- Contact influencers to promote your content.
- Write on similar niche websites to attract more customers.
How to Promote Affiliate Links Without Website
1. Email Marketing
Email marketing is a popular tool for affiliate marketing without a website. It is compulsory to build an email list of those people who are interested in your content.
Don't buy an email list from a third party. It will not give you the quality you require.
Building an email list is not an easy task, but it is like a gold mine once you build it. You can offer some ebooks or other valuable resources in return for users to sign up.
2. Solo Ads
Solo ads help you to reach a new audience. You can request other people to send your affiliate offers to their email lists. You can pay them some percentage of commission.
Udimi is a trust marketplace if you want to buy Solo Ads.
3. Create a Social Media Community
Create a social media page like a Facebook group related to your niche. Invite other social media users to join your group. Engage the members with valuable posts and interaction. Later, you can promote your affiliate links.
4. YouTube Videos
You can start your youtube video channel and keep uploading valuable videos to increase your subscribers. You can also connect with popular YouTubers and ask them to promote your product in exchange for monetary benefits.
5. Classified Ads
You can promote your affiliate links on classified ad websites. Craigslist is one of the popular classified ad websites. You should post multiple comments on such websites to attract users.
6. Viral eBooks
Creating an ebook is also like creating viral content. You can choose a popular topic to write a book. Avail it free of cost and embed your affiliate product link in the book contents to get the commission.
You can use free platform like Attract.io to create professional looking eBook.
7. Web 2.0 Websites
Medium, Blogger, WordPress.com, etc., are examples of web 2.0 sites. You can post your content freely on these platforms. These platforms have a large number of audiences.
Attract them with your content. Later, include affiliate links in your content to get the commission.
8. PPC Affiliate Marketing
Generally, affiliate marketers avoid paid marketing to sell their products due to the lower commission on a product sale.
However, initially, you can invest some budget in PPC(Pay Per Click) campaign to become popular.
Facebook Ads, Google Ads, and Quora Ads are some of the major platforms available for PPC affiliate marketing.
9. Content Publishing Platforms
You can also take the help of content publishing platforms like LinkedIn and Quora to build a heavily targeted audience.
10. Telegram Channel
Telegram, an instant messaging platform, has become very popular among digital marketers. As an affiliate marketer, you can create a telegram channel related to your affiliate products. And then, you can promote your channel to add users.
11. Niche Forums
It is an online webpage based on a specific niche. Plenty of people use such platforms for discussions.
You can choose niche forums related to your area of expertise. Later, you can add value to that group with your knowledge. It will create your positive image among the forum members that will help you to sell your affiliate products.
Tips on How to Promote Affiliate Links Without Website
- Detailed keyword research will result in quality content that will easily promote affiliate links.
- Creating quality content will rank your article on search engines. This way, your affiliate links will reach large audiences.
- Provide value on forums to do affiliate promotion.
- Avoid spamming. Your profile may get banned if you do so.
- Choose 2-3 niches to diversify your offerings.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
How to make money with amazon affiliates without a website?
You can use social media platforms, landing pages, email marketing, and Web 2.0 Sites to start your Amazon affiliate business without a website.
How to make money with Clickbank without a website?
PPC affiliate marketing can help you to earn money from Clickbank without a website.
How do I track my affiliate conversions without a website?
Use a tracker like BeMob or Voluum.com to track affiliate conversation.
Can I do affiliate marketing without any money?
It is possible to start an affiliate business without money, but you need fundamental investment in the internet and computer.
How can I start affiliate marketing without a website?
Register with affiliate networks like Amazon to start affiliate marketing without a website.
Can I do affiliate marketing on mobile?
Yes, mobile is more than enough to start affiliate marketing.
Affiliate marketing is a lucrative field for digital marketers. You don't require any special skills or experience or, as we now know, not even a website to start your affiliate journey.
In short, it does not require any big investment except your time. Affiliate programs like Click bank provide hefty recurring commissions to earn good money. Furthermore, social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram have made affiliate marketer's lives easy due to vast audience bases across niches.
If you are a beginner, the above article would have helped you know the basics of affiliate marketing and how you can quickly start your affiliate journey without a website.
Do let us know in the comment box how and when you are going to start your affiliate marketing journey.